The White House announced several additional DOD nominations Tuesday, including Frank Kendall to serve as secretary of the Air Force.
Kendall was under secretary of defense for acquisition, technology and logistics from 2012 to 2017. Before that, he served two years as principal deputy under secretary.
Other DOD nominations the White House announced Tuesday include:
- Gina Ortiz Jones for under secretary of the Air Force
- Meredith Berger for assistant secretary of the Navy for energy, installations, and environment,
- Caroline Krass for DOD general counsel
- Heidi Shyu for defense under secretary for research and engineering
- Michael Connor for assistant secretary of the Army for civil works
Air Force photo by Misha King