The package of Biden domestic priorities passed by the House Friday includes several spending items for the Department of Veterans Affairs.
According to Military.com, the House-passed version of the Build Back Better Act includes:
- $2.3 billion for VA infrastructure repairs and upgrades
- $1.8 billion to address a backlog of 21 medical leases
- $455 million for the enhanced-use lease program that lets VA rent underused facilities to the private sector for veterans’ housing
- $268 million to add up to 500 resident doctors
- $150 million to help digitize veterans’ medical records
- $5 million for the VA’s inspector general to oversee those provisions
Senate Democrats are still working behind the scenes on their version of the bill.
Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Alexandre Montes