The Air Force is closing nine more inns after a 2018 change that stopped subsidizing the inns with federal appropriations, Stars and Stripes reported.
The facilities scheduled to close in spring include those at:
- Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee
- Grand Forks Air Force Base, North Dakota
- Hanscom Air Force Base, Massachusetts
- Homestead Air Reserve Base, Florida
- Los Angeles Air Force Base, California
- Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska
- Pittsburgh Air Reserve Station, Pennsylvania
- Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma
- Vance Air Force Base, Oklahoma
The closures are necessary “to meet a Defense Department requirement that all lodging is self-sustaining without taxpayer funding,” the Air Force said in a statement.
The Air Force announced this summer it would close the inn at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington, D.C. More closures may be on the way.
Air Force photo by Jaima Fogg