The Army this week honored seven installation-community partnerships with the 2022 Army Community Partnership Award, according to a press release, which includes details about each project.
The awardees are:
- Fort Carson, Colorado and the city of Fountain
- Fort Hood, Texas and the Central Texas Emergency Management Working Group
- Fort Hood, Texas and the Killeen Fire Department
- Fort Hood, Texas and the Killeen Regional Airport
- Fort Riley, Kansas and Unified School District 475
- Rock Island Arsenal, Illinois and the city of Rock Island
- S. Army Daegu, South Korea and the Gyeong-Sang Buk Do Province
“These transformative partnerships will improve the quality of life for our soldiers, families and neighbors in surrounding communities, with whom we interact daily, and will simultaneously increase our level of readiness,” said Rachel Jacobson, assistant Army secretary for installations, energy and environment.
Army photo of Jacobson at Fort Carson by Jordyn McCulley