2021 Great American Defense Communities Program
The nomination period for the 2021 GADC program is open! In 2021, our program will include a special focus on community recovery, resilience and racial equality. The communities recognized in our 2021 program will have displayed a dedicated commitment to two of ADC’s quality of life focus areas for this year: Addressing Racism & Inequality in Our Communities and Responding and Recovering from the COVID-19 Pandemic.
To learn more about past Great American Defense Communities, watch their stories on ADC’s GADC YouTube channel.
- The deadline to submit a nomination is Friday, February 5, 2021.
- An informational call will be held on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 2 p.m. ET for interested communities. Email email@example.com for instructions on how to join the Zoom call.
- Please fill out the nomination form completely. Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
- You will receive an email confirmation within two business days of receipt of your nomination.
- Should additional information for the nomination be required, ADC will contact the nominator.
- ADC will notify the nominators/nominees of its decision by mid-February.
About the Program
Every day America’s defense communities are working to create welcoming and supportive spaces for service members and their families to live and thrive. As the home to our military, these communities recognize the unique challenges and hard work needed to ensure military families are made to feel valued.
The Great American Defense Communities program shines a light on the regions and individuals that are making a difference. The program was designed to recognize and celebrate communities with an exceptional commitment to improving the lives of service members, veterans and their families. The Great American Defense Communities is made possible through ADC’s partnership with USAA.
What Makes Your Community a Great Place to Call Home?
421st Fighter Squadron returns to Hill AFB. Photo by Ronald Bradshaw, 388th Fighter Wing