ADC is proud to announce the 2019 recipients of its Defense Community Awards. Winners will be recognized during the 2019 Defense Communities National Summit, June 10-12, in Washington.
- Community/State Leadership Award, recognizing an individual whose outstanding leadership helps build a military-community partnership to enhance the mission of an active installation:
- Kay Ivey, Governor, State of Alabama
- Michael Coleman, Military Relations Liaison, Commonwealth of Virginia Office of Veterans and Defense Affairs
- Military Leadership Award, recognizing an individual from any branch of the military whose outstanding leadership has been essential in building and sustaining partnerships with defense communities that are home to active, realigning or closing installations:
- Col. Marc Packler, Commander, 375th Communications Group, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
- Ivan Bolden, Chief, Army Partnerships, Department of Defense
- John Lynch Base Redevelopment Leadership Award, recognizing an individual for outstanding leadership in guiding economic development following base realignment or closure:
- Michael Houlemard, Jr., Executive Officer, Fort Ord Reuse Authority, Calif.