Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan announced Friday the five recipients of the 2019 Commander in Chief’s Annual Award for Installation Excellence, according to a DOD press release.
The highly competitive presidential distinction recognizes the exceptional efforts of those operating and maintaining military installations.
Installations are evaluated in performance areas such as installation management, including mission support, energy conservation, quality of life and unit morale, environmental stewardship, real property management, safety, health and security, communications and public relations.
Recipients of the 2019 Commander in Chief’s Annual Award for Installation Excellence are:
- Fort Stewart-Hunter Army Airfield, Ga. (Maj. Gen. Leopoldo Quintas, Col. Jason Wolter)
- Naval Base San Diego, Calif. (Capt. Roy Love)
- Marine Air Ground Task Force Training Command, Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center, Twentynine Palms, Calif. (Brig. Gen. Roger Turner, Jr.)
- DLA Distribution Susquehanna, New Cumberland, Penn. (Col. James Callis II)
- Ramstein Air Base, Germany (Brig. Gen. Mark August)
DoD photo by Lisa Ferdinando