Several senior DOD nominees whose confirmation process ended last year with Senate inaction have been renominated by the White House, with hopes of quick confirmation now that the full Senate has been sworn in.
The nominees include:
- Ravi Chaudhary to be assistant secretary of the Air Force for energy, installations and the environment
- Lester Martinez-Lopez to be assistant secretary of defense for health affairs
- Laura Taylor-Kale to be assistant secretary of defense for industrial base policy
- Radha Plumb to be deputy undersecretary of defense for acquisition and sustainment
- Ronald Keohane to be assistant secretary of defense for manpower and reserve affairs
- Nickolas Guertin to be assistant secretary of the Navy for research, development and acquisition
With a slightly more decisive majority, Senate Democrats are expected to move relatively quickly on DOD and non-DOD presidential nominations in the coming weeks.
DOD photo of Plumb by Lisa Ferdinando