The DOD Office of Local Defense Community Cooperation on Monday announced six grant awards through the Defense Manufacturing Community Support Program. The program’s goal is to strengthen the national security innovation base through “long-term investments in critical skills, facilities, workforce development, research and development, and small business support,” according to a press release that also includes details about the projects receiving grants.
The awardees are:
- Michigan Defense Resiliency Consortium
- Missouri Defense Manufacturing Community Consortium
- New York Consortium for Space Technology Innovation and Development
- New York State Microelectronics Defense Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Workforce Consortium
- Central Pennsylvania Defense Shipbuilding Talent and Innovation Defense Ecosystem
- America’s Additive Foundry Consortium
“These projects highlight the important innovation ecosystem that exists between public, private and academic partners, and DOD looks forward to following the progress on each of these initiatives,” said Laura Taylor-Kale, assistant secretary of defense for industrial base policy.
Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Bradley Rickard